Friday 26 June 2015

Responding to Comments and Feedback

With My Animation Now being Uploaded to YouTube, i have been able to receive Comments and Feedback from People who have taken the Time to Watch the Video. I have Received a grand total of 4 Comments on the Video via the YouTube Comment Section. I will Respond to them in this Blog Post rather than replying to each one individually. You can watch my animation here.

First i will give my own Personal Opinion of the Animation and then i will assess the  comments and respond to them accordingly.


Personally, i feel that my animation turned out a little better than expected. I didn't think it would turn out half as good if i'm being totally honest. This is mainly because although i knew that the animation itself only needed to be around 20 Seconds, i felt that it would turn out a little bit too rough and would look a little rushed. However, when selecting music and sound effects, i feel that i made a good choice, and that the music added more to the Final Product then i may have anticipated. I can't deny that it still does look a little rough and i am more than aware that if i had allocated myself more time on this particular project, it could have turned out to be a lot better aesthetically i mean.




Here are the Four Comments i have received on the Video Since it was Uploaded.
I feel that all of the comments are generally positive, but also have some fair criticisms. I am glad that people are saying that they enjoyed it, and i am very pleased with how people have noticed the music and how it seems to fit quite well. I think that the Comment by the user, 'Eclipse GP' may be a little too generous, because in my opinion, it doesn't look exactly professional, as it is too rough around the edges and could certainly use a bit of improvement in terms of it's appearance as i mentioned earlier. This issue being pointed out by the user, 'TheNinjaHitman', his comment saying that he enjoyed the animation and music, but could clearly see that the background images could have been better, and could have been more aesthetically pleasing.  

One other criticism i received was that the sound of the Chicken was a little irritating, because it was seemingly non-stop, and as time went by, it just got a little annoying. I can understand this and even thought about it while editing the sound. But i kept the Sound effect in because i thought it sounded quite funny. But again can understand the criticism, and will make sure to take it into consideration next time i add sound effects for humor,  and maybe ask for a second opinion when doing something similar in the Future.

So although the general consensus is that people enjoyed the animation, i am more then happy to take some criticism, if it means i may create a more likeable animation in the future. In the future i will also try and allocate myself more time when trying to be creative or when i know something could have some potential to be really good, if all i need to do is spend a little more time with specific aspects of the planning and creating processes.

At the moment, even though i would like to, i can no longer make any improvements due to time constraints. but again, i will definitely take this as a learning experience to hopefully create a better animation in the future as well as getting myself to set aside enough time to be able to create something to the best of my ability.
This has been a similar issue in the past for me when trying to create an animation. Both time constraints and the end product not looking quite as good as it maybe should have. You can see this in my animation i created a little over a year ago by viewing it below.


I feel that i can improve on both of these animations and hopefully in the future, i will create something i know is genuinely good and something i can be very happy with. 







No comments:

Post a Comment