Sunday 21 June 2015

Creating and Building.

At first i wasn't sure as to how i would make the chicken look. I thought to myself, 'how can i make a chicken look funny?' Aside from him walking into a KFC Styled Restaurant.

First i drew the chicken on paper at a front facing view and a side facing view. This was i understood some of the proportions that may be needed when creating he Chicken out of Modeling clay. I figured that if i drew it first i might be able to get a sense of whether or not it was actually possible to make out of clay and still be effective. here are those drawing below.

 














The one which has the text, 'Kentucky Fried Children' written non it is supposed to be the chicken version of Colonel Sanders, the Face of KFC. Can you see the likeness?


After drawing them out, i decided that it might be a little too far fetched for me to try and create a realistic looking chicken. So i thought, 'This is like an alternate universe where chickens Eat people, so why would it be so wrong for the chickens to wear clothes?'

So with this i decided it would look cool if the chicken was wearing a suit. Here is the Photo of the Suit i created Below:



I am quite happy with how the suit turned out, you will get a better look at it in the following Photos in which you will see the chicken's head.


Just to add, i made the body after i made the head, but due to the way i have set out this post, i have shown you the body first.








Here is the chicken's head. I know that it looks a little plain at the moment but it is still subject to change.


I think at this point i will change the head if i think i can make it more 'funny looking'. I just don't think it looks as good as it can be at this moment in time.













I have also added a little Tail of feathers at the back. I'm not sure what it is called exactly.
Here is the Head attached to the Body.


I will now begin Making the Wings/arms of the Chicken, this is because in the animation he will need to hold a small bucket of Deep-Fried Human Arms and BBQ Human hands etc.

In the mean time i have decided to remake the head because i knew it could be better. Plus it had gotten dirty and wouldn't clean properly.




I made the eyes a bit more wide apart because i thought it would give the chicken a more 'gormless' appearance. i have also added the little floppy bit on top of the chickens head.















In the meantime i will scan in the drawing of my version of the KFC Logo and colour it in using Adobe Photoshop.

I will Now Smooth out any little rough areas on the logo and then print it out to begin building the set.
I have collected some red coloured card and a card board box so will now begin making the 'set'. 


I will take the lid off of the cardboard box and will begin putting it all together so i can hopefully (eventually) begin animating soon.






Here is a window i have quickly made in Photoshop. This will be placed onto the red card.











Here is the complete set all finally built.





















And just for good measure, here is the chicken holding his KFC Bucket (below).












In My Next Blog Post, i will begin Posting updates from the actual Animating Process. 

No comments:

Post a Comment